At the ECCO IBD meeting 2016 in Amsterdam the first poster on the performance of the BÜHLMANN Quantum Blue® Infliximab rapid test was presented, including data on high correlations to the Sanquin and Leuven infliximab ELISA tests. The reaction from attendees was enthusiastic, and the application for a high quality quantitative rapid tool to measure infliximab trough levels in patient sera on site is now available.
The key conclusion of the poster are there following:
- • First rapid measurement for infliximab trough level for routine use
- • Highly specific for infliximab
- • Time to result 15 minutes
- • Cost effective
- • High correlation to Leuven and Sanquin ELISAs
- • No interference and no cross reactivity with other TNF alpha blockers